Jump to navigation Jump to search
Proposed, not confirmed.
|2021-08-25||Beginning of development phase|
|2021-11-02||Soft feature freeze. Only bug fixes after this point. All feature changes must be already in a sub maintainer tree and all pull requests from submaintainers must have been sent to the list by this date.|
|2021-11-09||Hard feature freeze. Tag rc0|
|2021-12-07||Release; or tag rc4 if needed|
|2021-12-14||Release if we needed an rc4|
Please list all patch series or bugs which need to be fixed for the release here. That way I can be sure I don't miss any when I'm rolling release candidates.
Patches on list
- AMD SEV kerenl hashes regression fix https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-11/msg02598.html
Not fixed yet
- PCI hotplug regression in 6.1 with ovmf https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/705
- PCI hotplug with 15 devices regression in 6.1 https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/641
- Fix ESCC reset changes to allow qemu-system-sparc to boot with the Sun PROM https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-11/msg02797.html
- "make check" failure in sanitizer build (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-11/msg03207.html)
- pthread_setname_np check is broken (see https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/YZKVuz5VJN6e9zjo@redhat.com/)
Will not be fixed in 6.2
See the ChangeLog/6.2 for full details.