Add system emulation of HP PA-RISC.
- Helge Deller <email@example.com>
- Richard Henderson
System emulation of HP's PA-RISC platform. Both 32-bit (PA1.1) and 64-bit (PA2.0). Emulated systems would likely include one of the 'Snakes' (e.g. the 715/100), the C180/C240/similar, and C3000 or similar.
- Only PA1.1 (32-bit) supported yet.
- Instruction decoding, branching and most instructions are emulated.
- User mode emulation has been added (since QEMU 2.9).
- System mode emulation has been added (since QEMU 4.0).
- A fork of SeaBIOS exists, which emulates a B160L workstation.
- Booting Linux and HP-UX works.
- More testing
- Add more devices for system emulation, e.g.
- Elroy PCI bridge
- Tulip PCI NIC
- Enhance SeaBIOS to emulate 64-bit firmwares
- Add emulation of a C3000 workstation
The qemu code has been pushed into the qemu git repository.
A fork of SeaBIOS to run on PA-RISC is in the external git repository at:
Ongoing work is documented here: