Add emulation of the Tensilica Xtensa processor family.
- Name: Max Filippov / Open Source and Linux Lab
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Target can run linux on sim and xtfpga (lx60/lx200/ml605/kc705) boards with dc232b/dc233c/fsf/custom cpus in system and linux-user emulation modes. Kernel may be loaded with -kernel option, or by u-boot from FLASH or from TFTP, rootfs may be in a filesystem image file for the sim board, or may be mounted via NFS for the xtfpga.
Support for new cpu cores may be added automatically by reusing architecture variant overlay, but only core ISA instructions are supported.
xtensa softmmu QEMU is used in several projects:
- implement ISA extensions like FLIX, wide branches or SIMD;
- implement interrupt distribution hardware for SMP configurations;
- implement remaining hardware for xtfpga boards (LEDs, DIP switches, LCD?, audio codec?);
Current development status, useful links and related repos may be found there: http://wiki.osll.ru/doku.php?id=etc:users:jcmvbkbc:qemu-target-xtensa
Linux/xtensa page about Xtensa on QEMU.