API documentation generation
Status: Gabriel Barreto is working on this project for GSoC.
Summary: Generation of API documentation from doc comments
QEMU currently has many functions documented using the GTK-Doc syntax, but there is no mechanism to actually generate API documentation from these doc comments. We need build rules that generate API documentation from C and Python source code.
- Picking a documentation generation tool and syntax (unclear if we should stay with GTK-Doc)
- Fixing or converting existing doc comments to the chosen syntax
- Writing build rules to generate the documentation
- Extra tasks, if time allows:
- Improving clarity or formatting of existing doc comments
- Converting existing ad-hoc comments in the code to doc comment syntax
- Add doc comments to existing APIs that are undocumented
- Skill level: beginner
- Language: C, Python, GNU Make
- Mentor: Eduardo Habkost <firstname.lastname@example.org> ("ehabkost" on IRC)
- Suggested by: Eduardo Habkost