Outreach Program for Women Summer 2014
QEMU is participating as a mentoring organization in Outreach Program for Women. This page contains information about the Outreach Program for Women 2014 summer session.
We mentor projects in the following areas:
- QEMU - an emulator and virtualizer. It runs virtual machines by emulating hardware devices. x86, ARM, SPARC, POWER, and other architectures are supported.
- kvm.ko - Linux kernel module that executes guest code using the virtualization extensions on Intel, AMD, ARM, and IBM POWER processors.
- libvirt - management tool and API for virtual machines, storage, and networking.
Candidates can apply from March 10-19, 2014.
Candidates apply to work on a 12-week project from a list of project ideas that we have put together. Please see the Google_Summer_of_Code_2014 page for the list of project ideas.
How to get familiar with our software
See what people are developing and talking about on the mailing lists:
Grab the source code or browse it:
Build QEMU and run it: QEMU on Linux Hosts
Join our IRC channels:
- #qemu on irc.oftc.net
- #virt on irc.oftc.net
- #kvm on chat.freenode.net
- Outreach Program for Women offical page
- Advice for students applying (written for GSoC 2011 but still relevant!)
- IRC (OPW & GSoC specific): #qemu-gsoc on irc.oftc.net
- IRC (development):
- QEMU: #qemu on irc.oftc.net
- libvirt: #virt on irc.oftc.net
- KVM: #kvm on chat.freenode.net
Please contact the mentor for the project idea you are interested in. IRC is usually the quickest way to get an answer.
For general questions about QEMU in OPW, please contact: