Windows 2000 in QEMU
Why would you want to use Windows 2000
- very stable
- easy to use
- low system requirements
- runs faster than Windows XP in QEMU.
qemu-system-i386 -hda <hard drive file> -m 384 -boot c -vga cirrus -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user -usb -soundhw sb16 -localtime
- The default vga card does not work well. Use "-vga cirrus" to have a fully functioning vga card
- Use "-soundhw sb16" or "-soundhw ac97" for an audio card
- Use "-net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user" to enable networking
- Avoid using the i82557b NIC because it crashes Windows 2000
Programs you may want to use
Doom 95 game demo
Winamp - audio player
.NET 2.0 runtime
SharpDevelop 2.2 - free IDE for developing applications using C#, Visual Basic, and other languages
DJGPP - GCC, GDB, and other developer tools for Windows
- You can send control-alt-delete to Windows by opening QEMU's monitor window and typing "sendkey ctrl-alt-delete". QEMU's monitor window can be accessed by typing control-alt-2.
- The task manager can be accessed by typing taskmgr under Start->Run.