A few blogs from developers are syndicated at Virt Tools Planet. For enrolling a blog into the planet, email Amit Shah or Dan Berrange to add the feeds.
Unofficial QEMU binaries
Alternate QEMU repositories
GUI Front Ends
Other management tools/systems
- libvirt provides an API for managing QEMU/KVM (and other hypervisors) exposed in C, Perl, Python, OCaml, Ruby, and Java, with bridges to AMQP/QMF and DMTF CIM.
- virt-install, virt-clone, virt-convert a set of command line tools for provisioning new VMs from install media, existing VMs and appliances, respectively. See also 'virsh' command line shell with libvirt.
- virt-manager, Virtual Machine Manager. A graphical desktop management app using libvirt. Can manage a single local host, or securely multiple remote hosts. Support QEMU, KVM, Xen and more
- Ganeti, a cluster virtual server management software tool built on top of existing virtualization technologies such as Xen or KVM and other Open Source software.
- qemu-java, a full Java API to QEmu's QApi, commandline image manipulation. This is a good foundation API for building integration testing systems, richer QEmu-based applications, and so forth.
BIOSes and firmware used by QEMU
Projects using the QEMU code
- The Xen virtual machine monitor
- KVM, Kernel-based Virtual Machine for Linux
- VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualizer.
- SerialICE, a system software debugger
- MARSSx86, a cycle accurate accurate x86 simulator that uses QEMU
- The Bochs IA-32 Emulator Project
- PTLsim, a cycle accurate x86 microprocessor simulator
- The EM86 x86 emulator on Alpha-Linux
- The bintrans Dynamic Binary Translator
- MINDE, an emulator for some old x86 demos
- SkyEye, an ARM simulator
- Softgun, an ARM simulator
- SIMH, The Computer History Simulation Project
- GXemul, emulator for multiple systems including m88k
- ARAnyM, emulator for Atari ST/TT/Falcon family
- Hercules, S/370, S/390 and z/Arch emulator
- The PearPC PowerPC Architecture Emulator (development stalled)
- TME, The (Sun) Machine Emulator