A few blogs from developers are syndicated at Virt Tools Planet. For enrolling a blog into the planet, email Amit Shah or Dan Berrange to add the feeds.
Unofficial QEMU binaries
Alternate QEMU repositories
GUI Front Ends
Other management tools/systems
- libvirt provides an API for managing QEMU/KVM (and other hypervisors) exposed in C, Perl, Python, OCaml, Ruby, and Java, with bridges to AMQP/QMF and DMTF CIM.
- virt-install, virt-clone, virt-convert a set of command line tools for provisioning new VMs from install media, existing VMs and appliances, respectively. See also 'virsh' command line shell with libvirt.
- virt-manager, Virtual Machine Manager. A graphical desktop management app using libvirt. Can manage a single local host, or securely multiple remote hosts. Support QEMU, KVM, Xen and more
- Ganeti, a cluster virtual server management software tool built on top of existing virtualization technologies such as Xen or KVM and other Open Source software.
BIOSes and firmware used by QEMU
Projects using the QEMU code
- The Xen virtual machine monitor
- KVM, Kernel-based Virtual Machine for Linux
- VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualizer.
- SerialICE, a system software debugger
- MARSSx86, a cycle accurate accurate x86 simulator that uses QEMU
- The Bochs IA-32 Emulator Project
- PTLsim, a cycle accurate x86 microprocessor simulator
- The EM86 x86 emulator on Alpha-Linux
- The bintrans Dynamic Binary Translator
- MINDE, an emulator for some old x86 demos
- SkyEye, an ARM simulator
- Softgun, an ARM simulator
- SIMH, The Computer History Simulation Project
- GXemul, emulator for multiple systems including m88k
- ARAnyM, emulator for Atari ST/TT/Falcon family
- Hercules, S/370, S/390 and z/Arch emulator
- The PearPC PowerPC Architecture Emulator (development stalled)
- TME, The (Sun) Machine Emulator