Draft schedule, not yet confirmed.
|2019-08-16||Beginning of development phase|
|2019-10-29||Soft feature freeze. Only bug fixes after this point. All feature changes must be already in a sub maintainer tree and all pull requests from submaintainers must have been sent to the list by this date.|
||Hard feature freeze. Tag rc0|
|2019-12-03||Release; or tag rc4 if needed|
|2019-12-10||Release, if we needed an rc4|
Please list all patch series or bugs which need to be fixed for the release here. That way I can be sure I don't miss any when I'm rolling release candidates.
Fixed in rc1:
- linux-user static builds fail with glibc git master due to removed "stime" function https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1852115
Fixed in rc3
- centos and ubuntu.i386 vm-test-build targets
Will be fixed in rc4:
- s390 "-boot menu=on" regression
Will be fixed in rc5:
- nested virt crasher https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2019-12/msg01153.html
- minimal SLOF firmware update to fix crash bug with spapr and pci bridges
- bitmap delete regression, including crash if transaction involved https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2019-12/msg01206.html
Not yet fixed in any rc:
Will not be fixed for this release:
- intermittent iotest failures on gitlab (build-tcg-disabled - tests 056, 129)
- vm-build-all failures
- check-unit: tests/test-aio-multithread fails on NetBSD
- `query-cpu-model-definitions` libvirt compatibility breakage reported at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1779078 (not a regression)
See the ChangeLog/4.2 for full details.