Jump to navigation Jump to search
|2022-04-19||Beginning of development phase|
|2022-07-19||Soft feature freeze. Only bug fixes after this point. All feature changes must be already in a sub maintainer tree and all pull requests from submaintainers must have been sent to the list by this date.|
|2022-07-26||Hard feature freeze. Tag rc0|
|2022-08-23||Release; or tag rc4 if needed|
|2022-08-30||Release if we needed an rc4|
Please list all patch series or bugs which need to be fixed for the release here. That way I can be sure I don't miss any when I'm rolling release candidates.
Patches on list
- linux-user build broken with glib 2.36 due to sys/mount.h changes incompatible with linux/mount.h
Not fixed yet
- [memory] section in config files is broken, see: https://email@example.com/
- [x86] booting with OVMF is broken due to RNG seed feature: patches proposed but still under debate https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2022-08/msg01005.html
- virtio-scsi race that can cause crashes when starting the dataplane: Patch is reviewed, https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2022-08/msg01298.html
- scsi-generic: Emulated block limits VPD page has incorrect max_transfer leading to I/O errors; patch proposed: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-block/2022-08/msg00375.html
Will not be fixed in 7.1
See the ChangeLog/7.1 for full details.