|2018-04-24||Beginning of development phase|
|2018-07-03||Soft feature freeze. Only bug fixes after this point. All feature changes must be already in a sub maintainer tree and all pull requests from submaintainers must have been sent to the list by this date.|
|2018-07-10||Hard feature freeze. Tag rc0|
Please list all patch series or bugs which need to be fixed for the release here. That way I can be sure I don't miss any when I'm rolling release candidates.
Fixed in rc0
Fixed in rc1
- Crash with:
qemu-system-aarch64 -M integratorcp,accel=qtest -nographicand then at the HMP monitor:
device_add bcm2837followed by
Fixed in rc2
- unit tests brokens on new gnutls with TLS 1.3 enabled https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-07/msg03765.html
Fixed in rc3
- Valgrind complains about uninitialized value here:
valgrind -q aarch64-softmmu/qemu-system-aarch64 -M mps2-an505,accel=qtest- fix posted: 2018-07-24 "hw/misc/tz-mpc: Zero the LUT on initialization, not just reset"
- migration crash with -device hda-duplex - fix posted: 2018-07-24: audio/hda: Fix migration
- On s390x, maxram is broken for large guests - fix posted: 2018-07-30: "s390x/sclp: fix maxram calculation"
Fixed in rc4
- assert when using vIOMMU in vhost (vhost: check region type before casting)
- memory hotplug regression when using two numa nodes
- corrupt SRAT when using numa node without memory (not a regression)
- hw/misc/macio: Fix device introspection problems in macio devices
- sam460ex: Fix PCI interrupts with multiple devices (not a regression)
- bad TCG codegen for dup_vec: "[PATCH] tcg/optimize: Do not skip default processing of dup_vec"
- Arm migration of v8M CPUs is broken (not quite a regression)
- Arm migration of KVM GICv3 is broken
- xtensa introspection bug: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-07/msg03965.html
- heap overflow in slirp: https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1785670
- QEMU (frontend) crashes upon warm reboot with vga=775 on Linux cmdline: https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1784900
Not yet fixed in any rc
Issues that will not be fixed
- monitor: fix oob command leak (patch on ML, regression, but only for monitor OOB mode which is still experimental and disabled by default)
- RFC: fix megasas leak (patch on ML, may not be a regression)
- qemu NBD server kills connection on NBD_CMD_BLOCK_STATUS when serving non-sector-aligned file (not a regression)
- ICMP handling on OSX hosts (not a regression)
- qemu_kill() gives poor log results when tests fail with core dump (not a regression; debug aid)
- monitor cleanup dead-locks when connected to a Spice port: "[PATCH] monitor: avoid potential dead-lock when cleaning up" (not a regression)
- A couple of minor fixes for structured load/stores and rounding cases for SVE will be in 3.0.1
See the ChangeLog/3.0 for full details.